In Progress 1.0.141

Our latest developments, releases and more...
TiesOli
Site Admin

In Progress 1.0.141

Post by TiesOli »

The next update will have...

• enhanced seam allowances - advanced direction detection and finer detail expansion
seamAllowance01.jpg
seamAllowance01.jpg (27.16 KiB) Viewed 20723 times

• visualize element directions in real time
directions.jpg
directions.jpg (9.63 KiB) Viewed 20723 times

• reverse direction of selected elements
Reverse.gif
Reverse.gif (246.01 KiB) Viewed 20723 times
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Planned investigations...

• preparing support for real time pattern projector display with various modes (we love the projector idea!)
AthenessaDesigns

Re: In Progress 1.0.141

Post by AthenessaDesigns »

Awesome! I can't wait to play with the new features.

I don't know if it'd be possible, but I'd love some kinda pop-out window/box/bar where I could put drafting measurements (like say, for a client) where I could see them in the program as I am drafting. I wouldn't have to keep looking away at a piece of paper (and I'd save some trees) or switching to another program where the measurements are recorded.
Follow Me into Worlds of Imagination

Ashley aka The Mystic Seamstress
Athenessa Designs LLC
TiesOli
Site Admin

Post by TiesOli »

Absolutely! :tu:
Oops :oops:. Originally we had the Image window intended for that, allowing you to load a scan or image of your table and you could just have it up. But in our battles with macOS window dealings we apparently ended up locking the image window for both PC and Mac, so you cannot keep it open and continue working... ...very bad.

First of all, we will change that immediately for sure! But maybe we'll have a look at loading text documents as well, at least something simplified. Possibly a little, rudimentary text window into which you can write and paste, too. Could be very convenient. Worth a thought for sure!

No matter what, we completely agree and are on it, thanks a lot, Ashley! :beer:
TiesOli
Site Admin

Post by TiesOli »

I have just found a bad mistake in "Delete unused" pattern pieces. Be careful with that! It's no problem after having loaded a project, but after any pattern piece feature such as Dart, Spread or Pivot it may set other used pieces to unused by accident. In the meantime I would suggest, before you use "Delete unused", save your project! :oops:

It's fixed now, but will have to go into the next update, of course.

The other good news: The picture viewer after loading an image is now independent again and can remain open (and on top) while working with the rest of the software. As a result you can load an image of a table with numbers, scale and pan it to your needs and leave it open as you work with the numbers. :tu:
TiesOli
Site Admin

Post by TiesOli »

Alright, the next version will have a new Text Viewer window. You can write or paste into it texts and to some extend even tables, especially if they come from a type of HTML table. But this can be refined more along the way, of course.

Thanks, again, Ashley, for bringing it up! :tu:
If you wanted to, you could post or email us a table example like you would use so we can test it!?
TiesOli
Site Admin

Post by TiesOli »

This will become a pretty important and wonderful update!

...latest additions to the development (virtually done already!) :hyper:
• Highly improved extract, ensuring that no lines are doubled by automatic marking extraction!
• Dart Truing (and this is quite magical)
• Text Viewer (for you, Ashley!) ♥
• Imported images can get inverted as well (for projectors later on, but also quite nice for tracing!)
• Improved popup behaviors (non-disruptive, minimize with main window)
AthenessaDesigns

I just went looking for my digital measurement files, and I forgot they were on my old computer (I spilled an entire cup of tea on it and killed it), so I currently don't have any I can send over. But I am super super excited that you liked my idea!

Work has been a little hectic and the kid has been on my computer for school so I haven't had a chance to do much playing around. But I am so excited to keep learning and using this software, and what else you plan on bringing to the table.

Athenessa Designs LLC
TiesOli
Site Admin

Post by TiesOli »

Oh, yes, these are tough times for single computer parents... :? ...but we'll get through it all, eventually. At least there is a massively big chance, the next time you'll get on it, we'll have a sparkling fresh update for you with some really exciting additions and you've already left a wonderful mark on the development with the text viewer and all the fixed popup windows for content! :hug:

Here's a little True Dart teaser... :hyper:
TrueDartTeaser.gif
TrueDartTeaser.gif (231.5 KiB) Viewed 20687 times
I'll make a few more teasers later... they're fun to make! :D

Anyway, I'm happy you're back and thanks for making some noise, Ashley! Once you'll have the update, you can just tell us, if the text viewer does the trick for your measurement tables. :tu:

There are also a whole bunch of optimizations and fixes of sneaky little bugs in the next update.
No fix left behind... :borg: (why does this line confuse me?!)
AthenessaDesigns

:o

OK the Dart thing is super super cool!

Athenessa Designs LLC
TiesOli
Site Admin

Post by TiesOli »

hehe, Thanks, Ashley! :hug:
There will be even more and a number of really nice improvements.
Won't be long now! :hyper: