Update v1.3.0 is released!

Our latest developments, releases and more...
TiesOli
Site Admin

Update v1.3.0 is released!

Post by TiesOli »

Update v1.3.0

Finally an update for all, including a brand new demo with actual benefits. Now even the demo allows assembling PDF patterns with layer choice and saving the result as image (jpeg or png).

Languages
Now you can switch languages at any time with the current choice of English, French, German and Spanish. More over, we've enabled users to actual edit and even create their own language files. This will then allow right clicking on many words, buttons or menus to enter translation mode.

Color Themes
While we dearly love our powdery default theme Classique , it was time to offer at least one more mood for the creative process: Dorian (yes, it's pretty dark) 8-)
Like languages and units, you can switch at any time to instantly change the whole GUI.

Subdivide collections
When you now enter subdivide, you can pick not just one element (line, bezier, arc), but continue choosing connected elements to subdivide across multiple elements. Very often one may use multiple bezier curves, for example, to construct sleeves or the likes. Now you can just select the whole collection of curves and subdivide into them or leave PINS *.

* we have renamed "Marks" to "Pins" as this not only makes much more sense, but helps communication since we still have "markings" for our patternpieces.

Measure enhancements
Oh, finally you can drag your measuring ribbon across multiple elements without worries, happily dragging over lines and curves. However, there's no an extra twist, for you may now leave a PIN at the end of your measuring. Felt like a very handy little extra feature :bl:

Move Point - Symmetry Mode
Yes, it suddenly dawned on us how pleasant it might be to have symmetry while tweaking things. When you have mirrored elements, regardless at which angle, you can turn on the symmetry mode in Move Point and chose or draw the axis across which you had mirrored and it will allow you to tweak any side and the other will stay symmetrical. While it's a very powerful and useful feature, it's also just tons of fun, too. :? :hyper:

Countless improvements
We've cracked down on many little gremlins and even solved some ancient flaws, such as adjusting labeling position and text handling matters. But there are so many little ones, there's no way I could write about them in any exciting enough way. You will simply feel it when you start working with v1.3.0.

I'm almost certain I will have forgotten to mention some massive thing. It goes so quickly to take certain things for granted when they just make too much sense. However, if you have any questions, don't hold back for a second and let us know! :bl: :bl:

Happy Drafting! ( :? I like that glow effect a little too much! :) )
AthenessaDesigns

Re: Update v1.3.0 is released!

Post by AthenessaDesigns »

Awesome! Can't wait to get cracking. Thank you for all your hard work!
Follow Me into Worlds of Imagination

Ashley aka The Mystic Seamstress
Athenessa Designs LLC
TiesOli
Site Admin

Post by TiesOli »

It's totally waiting for you! :bounce:
While Olivera has now managed to accumulate 92 mini tutorials and more will still come, it's high time I started a little tutorial series for YouTube. There is so much to show by now and I'm pretty excited to go for it. I just have to figure out how to properly kick things off. :geek: ...and there is something only we know, which will most certainly push everything up great many levels... If this was already complete, I'd know exactly how to start, but we shall see!

For now White Rabbit CAD is really a dream-come-true for creatives like you, who understand its powers and use it to construct patterns from the ground up. But too many still have to learn pattern drafting and may find it intimidating to start from scratch. This may already have been too big of a hint for what's to come, hehe, but I know it's coming...so... :hihi: :hyper:
TiesOli
Site Admin

Post by TiesOli »

AND there's v1.3.1 up already, because we totally missed a tiny but significant bug right at startup... :o
But it is fixed now! :tu:

Seems like we often get just a little too excited by the time we can release our latest greatest... :oops: :hyper: