Update 1.0.148 is released!

Our latest developments, releases and more...
TiesOli
Site Admin

Update 1.0.148 is released!

Post by TiesOli »

:br: finally we did it, the new version is out!

Again it's been too many things to write a little post about. Alone the improved mirror feature deserves a small chapter to describe what it can do now. But why not just show a few videos for all the key additions and changes of v1.0.148!

MIRROR
• used on pure framework lines it will not duplicate the center edge, if mirrored along a line.

• now merges patternpiece reflections, if mirrored on an edge of the original patternpiece.

Another fairly big thing is the SVG import, which has now a working first implementation, but there are still functions missing, making it more or less "preliminary". If the SVG file is not too complicated it will do an excellent job, though. Allow us to demonstrate the new extract powers with House of Meka's wonderful SVG file.

EXTRACT
• Extract has highly improved area detection, which curiously also has increased its speed. :shrug:
• new mouse interactivity allows starting and selecting with the left mouse button and finish recording with the right mouse button.

...preparing more videos to showcase all additions properly... :br: :br: :br:
TiesOli
Site Admin

Re: Update 1.0.148 is released!

Post by TiesOli »

Slash & Spread and Slash & Pivot
• Drag Select across all desired slash lines
• Improved slice analysis and procedure
• Choose expansion direction by picking of first slash lines, which stays in place

• No problem doing complex slashing patterns
AthenessaDesigns

Post by AthenessaDesigns »

Woot woot! I cannot wait to have the time to dive in and play!

Thank you guys so much for all you do to keep developing this software!
Follow Me into Worlds of Imagination

Ashley aka The Mystic Seamstress
Athenessa Designs LLC
TiesOli
Site Admin

Post by TiesOli »

You're very, very welcome, Ashley! :D

I will continue with more videos about the new features tomorrow including the further improved SVG import and a proper video on Shapes, Seam Allowances and so on. We had to dedicate today to the demo-version, which is finally out, too. Tomorrow will be all about finally creating nice News article for the website and all that jazz. So much to do.

On top of that we already have big plans for the next Update, which means... :? neither of us will get to take a break anytime soon. :ud:

We can't wait to see what you'll do next with all the new stuff! :hyper: ...and also, let us know, if the SVG import is already starting to work for you!

Next set of videos will follow...
TiesOli
Site Admin

Post by TiesOli »

Shapes
• instead of just a "Circle", you now may also create regular N-gons and rectangles.
• N-gons offer amount of sides (N), radius (inner and outer) and side length.

...on a side note: I have recorded countless videos on Shapes, because I constantly get carried away playing with them. It's almost pathological. :oops:
It's just too much fun! :hyper:
Thus, this video is virtually the most boring of them all, but it shows you the most important things at a glance. Beware of the N-gon, BEWARE!!! :hihi:

• Rectangles, well, they're pretty square, if you hold shift while dragging them to size. Isn't really worth a video, but they will show up in the tutorials. :shrug: