My current project

This place is all about you, a chance to showcase your creations, celebrate them with all of us and gather some feedback. :br:
Forum rules
Always be proud of your creations and kind to all, who share theirs! :tu:
AthenessaDesigns

My current project

Post by AthenessaDesigns »

I have been quiet on hear as I have been busy with my real life job and also desperately trying to finish up my coursework projects (of which White Rabbit CAD has been a most helpful godsend). But here is the pattern for my one yard (or in this 1/4 scale) plus size shirt project for Parsons and its mockup. I just finished making stretch piping for the seams so I am headed full steam ahead. The software made it so easy to do in 1/4 scale and printing it out as well. I kinda wish I had done it in full scale, but I can always go back to it later. :shrug:

Dark Stars Pattern
Follow Me into Worlds of Imagination

Ashley aka The Mystic Seamstress
Athenessa Designs LLC
AthenessaDesigns

Re: My current project

Ok so i got a photo site to get it up here in the forum!

I am currently making it in 1/4 scale for a project. But I can't wait to make it full size so I can wear it. Will post pics of the finished 1/4 scale version when I can.

Athenessa Designs LLC
TiesOli
Site Admin

Post by TiesOli »

That looks so neat! I even love your choice of font, making the whole marker look like a polished piece of art.
Seems like a weird thing to say, but I sense beauty and comfort at the same time, looking at the flow of the hem-line and the carefully playful design.

Not to mention that 1/4 scale will most certainly look adorable, too! We can't wait to see it sewn together! :hyper:
So this is a project for Parsons? I can only imagine they will be impressed with the presentation. :tu:

Thank you for sharing this, Ashley, it's already a treat! :hug:

Have you constructed it full size and then just printed it at 25%?
Well, either way, since it's to scale, had you constructed it small you could always just use the scale function to bring it back up to 1/1. Of course, another seam allowance pass then. It's somehow so cute to see the large seam allowances, making one feel the 1/4 scale right away.

And, no doubt, it will be twice the treat to eventually see it on you! :bl:
Taron

Post by Taron »

Showcase is already becoming my favorite thread here, this is fantastic! :tu:
AthenessaDesigns

Aww thank you! Yeah we needed to make a shirt out of one yard. I am not the typical model us size 8 so I strove to create a plus size (us size 20) still using only a yard (or in this case, a 1/4 yd). Hence all the piecing.

I actually draped the pattern on my scale dressform and used the software to make proper pattern pieces. My plan is to eventually scale it up, but the seams will need to be readjusted as you said.

Athenessa Designs LLC
TiesOli
Site Admin

Post by TiesOli »

Uh, you'll be happy, because "Seam Allowances" have really improved a great deal for the upcoming update! :bounce:
AthenessaDesigns

:o :bounce: :hyper:

Athenessa Designs LLC