working Offline

Any questions regarding features, parameters or anything you wish to know, here's the easiest place for us to find and answer them. Don't hold back, we're here to help! :bl:
Forum rules
Technical matters can be very dry and may require plenty of details at times. Try to describe your situation and don't get scared, when we ask about your operating system or hardware. All will be well! :geek:
MelanieH

working Offline

Post by MelanieH »

Is it possible to save my files when I am offline? I have long shifts at work when I can build patterns but I have no internet access. I missed being able to build my first collection in :bl: and don't want to miss that opportunity again.
Thanks
m
TiesOli
Site Admin

Re: working Offline

Post by TiesOli »

Hi Melanie, welcome to the forum! :beer:

Oh dear, that's currently not really possible, because of how licensing works.

I wonder, if you can simply put your laptop in sleep mode, rather than turning it off. Never tried that, but it should theoretically work, assuming you have a good battery in it. This way you could start up White Rabbit when you're still connected, put the laptop to sleep between traveling to and from work and then save your project when you're home again.
We should try that, too, see if this could do it, but there really is no healthy way for us to unhinge the licensing system for that right now.

We are thinking about possibly releasing a single purchase version later this year, while we're still having to work out the best approach. One thing, though, is that we've already planned to offer a license swap for subscribers, where all paid fees get deducted from the purchase price. With such a version you wouldn't need to be online anymore, but it's still up in the air.

Anyway, you do get me thinking about some curious detour for temporary solutions. It's a tricky one, because it would absolutely invite fowl play, but I 100% see how this would be invaluable. I can't make any promises right now, but we will discuss some ideas here and see what we can do. We certainly want to see your collection come together!!! :hyper:

Above all, thank you for asking! :tu: Virtually every request is an inspiration.
MelanieH

Post by MelanieH »

Thanks!
I will try sleep mode! I did notice that turning off the internet while i have the program open works, so add that to your list :-)
Needless to say I am a fan and now that there is no pressure to produce patterns, I'll be in #practiceasproject mode a lot more.
m
TiesOli
Site Admin

Post by TiesOli »

Sweet! Let me know how it goes! :bl:
We had added also a "Login" option in the File Menu in case you were logged out for some reason along the way.

Well, that's an excellent mode to be in! :D :tu: