Issue with opening saved files

Any questions regarding features, parameters or anything you wish to know, here's the easiest place for us to find and answer them. Don't hold back, we're here to help! :bl:
Forum rules
Technical matters can be very dry and may require plenty of details at times. Try to describe your situation and don't get scared, when we ask about your operating system or hardware. All will be well! :geek:
AthenessaDesigns

Issue with opening saved files

Post by AthenessaDesigns »

So, I love this software so much. However, I had an issue that has happened twice so far.

I have saved a file. I know because I can reopen it. However, when I do, there is no info. As in it opens but none of the lines or pattern pieces are present. It's only happened twice, on two separate files.

The first time I thought maybe i hadn't saved properly or something. But the second time I know I saved, and had reopened the file after a computer restart for another program. However, now when I just went to open it, the same issue happened. I am a little devastated on this particular file as it was complete and just needed some final tweaking.

Thank you again for your software and also all your help.
Follow Me into Worlds of Imagination

Ashley aka The Mystic Seamstress
Athenessa Designs LLC
TiesOli
Site Admin

Re: Issue with opening saved files

Post by TiesOli »

Oh dear, I'm sorry I didn't catch your message yesterday already.

Can you send us the project file, please? That would help to see what's happening. We've never encountered that, which makes this particularly interesting. :shock:

Our project files are exceedingly direct and fairly simple to the degree that one could load them up in a text editor to get some idea of what's in them. In fact, it's even possible to edit them that way. That's all part of enabling easy scripting later on. I hope, nothing went wrong with your computer's hard drive, having corrupted the file. But I will be able to tell you more, once I get to see it. :geek:

Worry not, though, we will figure this out! I can only assure you that after virtually thousands of project file interactions we haven't encountered that, yet, making this nothing you should ever have to be afraid of. And if you have stumbled across a weirdness, that would be actually terrifying and fantastic at the same time! :? :tu: ...I just hope, you've had an earlier version of your work that still exists.

Anyway, send it over, please, and we will investigate immediately!

Though the reasons may seem dire, I'm actually happy to hear from you, Ashley, it's been a while! :hug:
AthenessaDesigns

It has. I haven't been able to play with the software for a while as my husband and teen fell ill with Covid (both had mild cases and recovered 95%) and then trying to catch up on everything that went on hold for a month. But I am back and playing and even showed the software to my boss to help with standardizing and digitizing the patterns she's developed.

I thought about using a previous version but unfortunately that was not an option. I can redraft the pattern, since it was just a simple bag but i was finished so...yeah. A little disheartening. The first file that it happened to was a half done circle skirt, so again, not a difficult redraft, but I worry it might happen on something far more complicated. And perhaps not just for me.

Where should I send the file?

Athenessa Designs LLC
TiesOli
Site Admin

Post by TiesOli »

You can send it to support@whiterabbitcad.com

Whatever the problem is, we will solve it. Sometimes little things can sneak in that may have a dramatic effect. Once we'll have a look at your file, I may have some questions for you, but we shall see! :geek:

Awesome that you're showing it to your boss! That also reminds me to finally do a tracing tutorial, which may come in handy. We're working on a more elaborate image-manager, too, allowing to load multiple images. OH, have you used images in your project?

Sometimes I wished we could talk freely already, because without a doubt it will bring us great relief and joy, caring about the things we wish to do, since we came here to do them for each other. In the meantime, know that we all are brilliantly designed beings, driven by unconditional love deeply within us and only troubled when we struggle to feel it for a moment. And like an arm that had fallen asleep, it can hurt quite a bit when life comes back rushing in, but it does and all will be well again. :)

My best wishes to your family, of course! :hug:
AthenessaDesigns

I have actually, to put my logo on some of the pattern pieces when I got to have it printed. So the ability to have more than one would be fantastic.

I have also used the import function to tweak an older coreldraw pattern in White Rabbit, though I haven't had a chance to make that pattern up yet. It's a stuffed animal pattern that gets converted into a cut file for my cricut, and I haven't finished that step yet.

Athenessa Designs LLC
TiesOli
Site Admin

Post by TiesOli »

Ahhhhh, that's fantastic, Ashley, thank you for having sent the project file! We've found the issue, fixed your file already and it will be solved in the next update.
I'm amazed we haven't found that issue earlier, but curiously enough we are working on a whole new image manager to support working with unlimited amount of images for different reasons, but with the same effect. We realized that one might want to use multiple scans for tracing and wanted to make that more convenient. The side effect is that you will be able to handle far more pleasantly multiple images for labels and the likes. While it is already possible to do so, apparently we've missed what happens, if one earlier image gets removed again. :shrug: :oops: ...but consider it all solved! :geek:

Thank you so much for your most excellent spirit and allowing us to find and solve the issue, that's brilliant! :beer: