How to opentwo different files?

Any questions regarding features, parameters or anything you wish to know, here's the easiest place for us to find and answer them. Don't hold back, we're here to help! :bl:
Forum rules
Technical matters can be very dry and may require plenty of details at times. Try to describe your situation and don't get scared, when we ask about your operating system or hardware. All will be well! :geek:
EmmanuelleB

How to opentwo different files?

Post by EmmanuelleB »

How to open two different files?
I need to recover curves in one file to put it in another.
when a file is opened if I want to load another file, the first one closes. :shrug:
TiesOli
Site Admin

Re: How to opentwo different files?

Post by TiesOli »

Ah, yes, we still haven't resurrected our "append" system. That's a nice reminder! :tu:
In the meantime, you can COPY elements (lines, curves, etc...) out of one project, then open the other project and PASTE them in there again.

Cut, Copy and Paste out of Menu/Edit (or standard keyboard shortcuts) work with the system's "Clipboard" and will enable you to not only bring elements from one project into another, but would also work, if you had two White Rabbit CADs open.

However, this does not work with patternpieces! We may add that at some point, too, but it's kind of a source for potential chaos. We shall see! :ugeek:

Also, watch out, in case you paste an element and somehow don't see it, it may be out of sight. Just zoom out in case auto-zoom somehow wasn't catching it. :? :ud:
EmmanuelleB

Post by EmmanuelleB »

Thank you for your answer.
I save my file as svg and i re open in my file.
It worked too. :bounce:
TiesOli
Site Admin

Post by TiesOli »

Oh, haha, YES, that indeed works, too. A little spooky, because SVG cannot keep all information, but crudely it will be enough, apparently! :D :tu: