tabs, sheets, extract

Any questions regarding features, parameters or anything you wish to know, here's the easiest place for us to find and answer them. Don't hold back, we're here to help! :bl:
Forum rules
Technical matters can be very dry and may require plenty of details at times. Try to describe your situation and don't get scared, when we ask about your operating system or hardware. All will be well! :geek:
EmmanuelleB

tabs, sheets, extract

Post by EmmanuelleB »

Hello,
It's me again.
I have a lot of difficulty understanding the tabs when the boss is being built.
I am doing some dart manipulation tests and when I am wrong I cannot go back.
I wanted to create several sheets with the same pattern that I extracted but they disappeared from the sheet and only the last one remained.
I looked in all the tutorials and in the manual but I really don't understand how to use the pattern tab, the addition of sheets etc.
Thanks for your help.
Capture d’écran 2021-03-08 à 12.35.21.png
Capture d’écran 2021-03-08 à 12.35.21.png (463.54 KiB) Viewed 10219 times
TiesOli
Site Admin

Re: tabs, sheets, extract

Post by TiesOli »

Oh, yes, this is on purpose. You can only put a patternpiece on one sheet. Think of it like the actual cutout. But you can "clone" a patternpiece, if you wanted to have various versions on different sheets for some reason. You can also leave its "Elements" on as many sheets as you want to.
The whole idea is to ensure the least amount of confusion.
Imagine you put your patternpiece in one sheet and again in another. Now you change your patternpiece, like cutting it, thinking it would still be original in the first sheet, but a patternpiece is really a single entity, therefore it will also be cut in the first sheet.
You'll find your way of working with it, but just consider things to be "real" entities and you'll develop a feeling for it quickly, no doubt.
TiesOli
Site Admin

Re: tabs, sheets, extract

Post by TiesOli »

Oh, I also see that you extracted both sides as one patternpiece. You probably don't want to do that!
This probably should be two patternpieces.
To do that you:
• First extract one side.
• Then you finish extraction.
• Then you start extraction again and extract the other side.
• Then you finish extraction on that.

Now you should have two individual patternpieces.