cursor malfunction

Any questions regarding features, parameters or anything you wish to know, here's the easiest place for us to find and answer them. Don't hold back, we're here to help! :bl:
Forum rules
Technical matters can be very dry and may require plenty of details at times. Try to describe your situation and don't get scared, when we ask about your operating system or hardware. All will be well! :geek:
EmmanuelleB

cursor malfunction

Post by EmmanuelleB »

Hello,

It's me again :shrug: .
I'm disappointed my cursor hasn't worked since yesterday.
and how to load a video mp4?
Capture d’écran 2021-03-07 à 13.11.12.png
Capture d’écran 2021-03-07 à 13.11.12.png (583.53 KiB) Viewed 18721 times

Emmanuelle
TiesOli
Site Admin

Re: cursor malfunction

Post by TiesOli »

:shock: ...what is this then? Now this is really strange, I've never seen that happening! :ud:
That makes me curious about your computer, actually. Can you tell us a little about it, like what Operating System, is it a Macbook or desktop, just some specs about it.
It certainly is a first for us to see something wacky like that.
When you restart WR, does it go back to normal?
Worst case you might want to reboot your computer, but that still makes it hard to understand how that might happen. I can't even really guess, but I wonder, if you may have other applications running, which could take away part of internal graphics memory or the likes. :shrug:

As for the video, is that question related to WR or do you mean in general?

Curiously enough, the upcoming update will have tutorial videos built-in, where you can simply select a video, which it then will download and save on your computer before playing it. However, you'll always have to make sure to allow every action WR wants to make, like download or copy files. They are perfectly save and part of its functionality.

Whatever it is, you know we will figure it out. But the cursor thing is really next level weird. :?
EmmanuelleB

Post by EmmanuelleB »

Capture d’écran 2021-03-07 à 14.26.16.png
Capture d’écran 2021-03-07 à 14.26.16.png (376.76 KiB) Viewed 18719 times
here is a screenshot of my operating system. I hope that is what you are asking for. I am trying to see the update to big on. I restarted my mac but still this cursor problem. I wanted to know how to load a video to show you.
TiesOli
Site Admin

Post by TiesOli »

Oh, that's great, Emmanuelle, thank you! :tu:
The specs of your computer look very good, actually. Looks like you could upgrade your OS, but that should not be the issue.
Have you set any different cursor preferences in your system? Like having changed size or something like that?
TiesOli
Site Admin

Post by TiesOli »

Ok, we've just found some info that Mojave has caused various troubles with cursors in general. So that's comforting in some way. Upgrading may actually solve your issue after all. :geek:
Mojave - Cursor disappears

However, we will now add an option in the next update of WR to switch to default system cursors rather than our fancy custom cursors... (NOOOOO) ...but if stuff like that can happen, it would be irresponsible, if we didn't give that option. :ugeek:

Thank you, Emmanuelle, this was completely unexpected, but very, very helpful! We will hurry to get the next update released!
EmmanuelleB

Post by EmmanuelleB »

Thank you very much for all the help you give me.
I will see if I update to Catalina so that other software I use are compatible.
The problem seems to arise when I use the line tool, it is from this moment that it no longer works but I can work by selecting the selection tool.
I will do it like this even if it is not very comfortable.
Thank you for everything.
TiesOli
Site Admin

Post by TiesOli »

Oh, we will get you to work comfortably again, don't you worry! As I write this, we're putting in the "Mouse Cursor" setting for the next update. 8-)
This journey is an adventure to all of us, but the goal somehow travels with us along the whole way, as strange as that sounds. Your feedback only makes everything stronger! :hug: :tu:
EmmanuelleB

Post by EmmanuelleB »

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

today, i have an half cursor, i'm on the right track :D
Capture d’écran 2021-03-08 à 18.13.10.png
Capture d’écran 2021-03-08 à 18.13.10.png (269.71 KiB) Viewed 18710 times
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
TiesOli
Site Admin

Post by TiesOli »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
:hug: ...you're awesome, Emmanuelle! :lol:
EmmanuelleB

Post by EmmanuelleB »

Hello,

Do you think uninstalling and reinstalling WR would be a solution?
Because today my cursor is completely disappeared. :shrug: