how to extend a line?

Any questions regarding features, parameters or anything you wish to know, here's the easiest place for us to find and answer them. Don't hold back, we're here to help! :bl:
Forum rules
Technical matters can be very dry and may require plenty of details at times. Try to describe your situation and don't get scared, when we ask about your operating system or hardware. All will be well! :geek:
EmmanuelleB

how to extend a line?

Post by EmmanuelleB »

Hello, I need to extend the shoulder line 0.5cm but I don't know how.
Thank you for your help.

unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg (571.2 KiB) Viewed 20615 times
Capture d’écran 2021-03-06 à 09.43.44.png
Capture d’écran 2021-03-06 à 09.43.44.png (156.22 KiB) Viewed 20614 times
TiesOli
Site Admin

Re: how to extend a line?

Post by TiesOli »

I take it, you found out how to go about it in the tutorials? :)
...if not, let me know and I'll tell you a few ways of doing it. This is really the playful side of things where you have choices based on your existing drawing and how you prefer to do things, actually. That's one of the most powerful aspects of our Rabbit. You can really find your own techniques. 8-)

UH, and I LOVE that you've posted those images with the question! :hyper: :tu:
EmmanuelleB

Post by EmmanuelleB »

I still haven't found it but I'm continuing my research. for the moment I retrace my line by adding the missing value. I have difficulty with the curves.
TiesOli
Site Admin

Post by TiesOli »

Alright, it has become quiet enough over here to record a quick video for you...

EmmanuelleB

Post by EmmanuelleB »

FANTASTIC, thanks for this video.
I understood everything and learned new words in English because I am French. It's very cute when you say "voilà".
Your explanations are very easy.

Merci beaucoup. :hyper:
EmmanuelleB

Post by EmmanuelleB »

Hello,

I did it, I succeeded.
I just have a question, how do I know if these two dots are glued perfectly? I zoomed in but there is a more precise method (like a magnetism). Thanks for this tutorial, you are so much fun, it is a real pleasure. I learned a lot and used the tool.
I am so proud.
Capture d’écran 2021-03-08 à 08.33.26.png
Capture d’écran 2021-03-08 à 08.33.26.png (382.93 KiB) Viewed 20595 times
Meka Adediran

Post by Meka Adediran »

:tu: Way to go EmmanuelleB.
EmmanuelleB

Post by EmmanuelleB »

thank you Meka and have a good day. :hyper:
TiesOli
Site Admin

Post by TiesOli »

Excellent, you're doing great! :tu:
Well, "snap" is literally symbolized as a magnet, hehe.
If you go into the menu bar "Settings", the first entry is "Show Snap-Button". It will bring up a little magnet on the bottom left, next to the zoom buttons. Normally you don't need that button, because you can just use the "right mouse button" (or secondary mouse button) to activate the snap feature on the fly. Olivera does almost everything with the right mouse button because of that, haha, but there are times when you don't need it or actually don't want it.

Anyway, WR is designed to let you work as fluently as possible without having to jump around on the interface too much, if you don't have to. That's also why virtually no features are "hidden" or buried in layers of sub-menus or the likes. Having something like an instant snap by using the right mouse button as well as such a universal snap as ours enables you to do great many complex maneuvers without having to worry about anything but your pattern.

Have a look at my videos for you again and look at the little mouse. You will see when I use the right mouse button rather than the left. It is kind of the key to working with WR.
Depending on what kind of mouse you use with your mac, you may have to use two fingers on their curious touch-mouse to tell the mac you're pressing the right/secondary mouse button.

I'm writing so much here, because it really is such an important understanding. Once you master this, you will fly through your constructions with much less effort. It's very, very powerful.

On top of that, when you snap to any line, curve, arc or circle to create a new line or curve, you can hold shift to lock the direction in various ways, instantly getting right angles or extending along the direction of the line or curve where you have snapped to.
Check out the little Line Tutorial again to see what I mean, or the Bezier Curve Tutorial.
EmmanuelleB

Post by EmmanuelleB »

Thanks a lot for your help.
I will watch this slowly to understand the video and the English.
Every day I have been using wr for 4 days of registration because I want to create a pattern brand and I am so happy.