export svg, blank page

Any questions regarding features, parameters or anything you wish to know, here's the easiest place for us to find and answer them. Don't hold back, we're here to help! :bl:
Forum rules
Technical matters can be very dry and may require plenty of details at times. Try to describe your situation and don't get scared, when we ask about your operating system or hardware. All will be well! :geek:
EmmanuelleB

export svg, blank page

Post by EmmanuelleB »

Hello,

I can't export to svg. When I open my file on illustrator, I have a blank page. :?
TiesOli
Site Admin

Re: export svg, blank page

Post by TiesOli »

Hi Emmanuelle,

first of all: WELCOME TO THE FORUM! :beer:

Sorry for the late reaction. That should not happen, of course. Would you mind sending us the hop file you wished to export and possibly the SVG file you tried to export?
You could send it to our support@whiterabbitcad.com email.

It's much easier to figure out what went wrong, you know. All import, export things can be confusing sometimes. This goes for the user as for the developer alike. We've done plenty of testing with Illustrator and Inkscape to make sure that it works, so in principle all should be well, but it's still possible that weird things happen.

I've just tested it again and it works fine here on Windows(see Attachment). Which makes this an interesting case! :geek:
We'll have a look at the MacOS version now, see if something funky might've happened there since last we checked...
Attachments
exportSVG2Ai.jpg
exportSVG2Ai.jpg (99.9 KiB) Viewed 15154 times
TiesOli
Site Admin

Post by TiesOli »

Well, it seems to work fine on our macOS machines, too. So that brings it down to the project you've tried exporting. But as a whole this already means: Good News! We will most certainly find out how to get you up and running with the exporting. :) ...let's just have a look at your file!
EmmanuelleB

Post by EmmanuelleB »

Thanks for your help.
I watched your video about it on youtube but it doesn't work for me.
I will send you my files by email.
See you soon and thank you.
EmmanuelleB

Post by EmmanuelleB »

That's it I found, I had to 'import my document into Illustrator and not just open it.
I am saved, youpiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!
TiesOli
Site Admin

Post by TiesOli »

:bounce: :hyper: ...see, it's those little things, hehe. :hug:
But never ever hold back to ask, because sometimes alone the act of asking can inspire your own answers. Above that, it's fantastic for us to learn about potential worries users might have. Everything we do is for you and it's literally our business to take away as many worries as possible so you can focus on being creative and enjoying it!
EmmanuelleB

Post by EmmanuelleB »

I am so grateful to have found your, it helps me so much in advance in my professional project.