Experiencing Lag ( slow response)

Any questions regarding features, parameters or anything you wish to know, here's the easiest place for us to find and answer them. Don't hold back, we're here to help! :bl:
Forum rules
Technical matters can be very dry and may require plenty of details at times. Try to describe your situation and don't get scared, when we ask about your operating system or hardware. All will be well! :geek:
Meka Adediran

Experiencing Lag ( slow response)

Post by Meka Adediran »

Since the new update, i have been experiencing lag in the processing . sometimes it doesn't even respond
today, the system started " throwing me out" when i click on the PRINTING operation. before then it came out blank. i have attached a screen shot of the latest issues
Attachments
this happened on clicking the printing action
this happened on clicking the printing action
White Rabbit CAD v1.0.143 C__Users_mekad_OneDrive_Desktop_AI Patterns_Butterfly sleeve wr.hop_ 15_10_2020 11_15_21 AM.png (82.44 KiB) Viewed 10751 times
some of the tabs not showing and the print output coming out blank
some of the tabs not showing and the print output coming out blank
White Rabbit CAD v1.0.143 C__Users_mekad_OneDrive_Desktop_AI Patterns_Butterfly sleeve wr.hop_ 15_10_2020 11_12_43 AM.png (96.3 KiB) Viewed 10751 times
TiesOli
Site Admin

Re: Experiencing Lag ( slow response)

Post by TiesOli »

:shock: ...oh dear, that looks like it has crashed, actually. We will have to investigate carefully. Can you remember what you did last before it started to lag? Because this must have silently crashed. :oops:
Also, if you still have the project file, maybe you can send it to us for review?! That might be very helpful, too.

We will solve this as quickly as possible!
TiesOli
Site Admin

Post by TiesOli »

I really assume it has crashed after some operation. You could try to print something simple just to make sure that your printing still works. It seems to work fine here.
Our mission now is to find out what has crashed it earlier. The more you can tell us, the better, of course.

Secretly I actually would love to send out another update, because we've added another amazing thing already and also fixed a little weirdness that most won't encounter when trying to modify bezier curves in Move Point mode. This is now able to modify handles like any other points, but therefore had lost some of the special powers of our curves. It's now fixed again, but has to wait for the next update release.
Meka Adediran

Post by Meka Adediran »

I guess it so too. What I've done is to paste a copy of it in a new document so now I've been able to print it.

On another note - Can we also have the option to add varying seam allowances to our pattern pieces ( Oliver twist :roll: )
and also be able to import SVG files ( I have all my basic blocks in SVG format and I don't want to have to draft them all over again)

Another thing ( since I'm already on a roll ;) ) I tried exporting an svg file from WR to AI but the dimensions came out wrong ( I guess I did something wrong :shrug: ). ill try it again probably at the weekend and give feedback. But I'm hoping to migrate fully to WR as soon as i can get all my files.

Thank you
TiesOli
Site Admin

Post by TiesOli »

Dear Meka,
we have definitely cleaned up our printing code and found one issue when it was done printing. Whether this was related to your experience or not, this is a very important fix and we will most certainly release an update right away, possibly even today.

If you would not mind sending us your project, it would really help us to see, if we can find what other issue might have been there. This way we can make sure the next update will have everything addressed! :bl:
Meka Adediran

Post by Meka Adediran »

OK great. well done.

Unfortunately I deleted the tab in error. so I wont be able to send it..
TiesOli
Site Admin

Post by TiesOli »

That's a shame, but we will get you a proper fix today anyway. Then you may have to see, if all works well then and let us know right away!
You have pointed us in the perfect direction already. It's been a super turbulent set of months and this update has been packed with some heavy additions. And there is YET more to come! :hyper:
Thank you so much, Meka, and forgive us the hickup. Hopefully, we'll have it tonight already. I will post a release notice here in the forum, too!
:hug:
TiesOli
Site Admin

Post by TiesOli »

We've done some more careful fixing and improvements and want to be really sure all works well, but it's gotten rather late. We will release tomorrow.
TiesOli
Site Admin

Post by TiesOli »

Took a tiny bit longer, but v1.0.144 is finally released. Hopefully this will solve your troubles. Let us know!