Cutting, slash and spreading curves

Any questions regarding features, parameters or anything you wish to know, here's the easiest place for us to find and answer them. Don't hold back, we're here to help! :bl:
Forum rules
Technical matters can be very dry and may require plenty of details at times. Try to describe your situation and don't get scared, when we ask about your operating system or hardware. All will be well! :geek:
Meka Adediran

Cutting, slash and spreading curves

Post by Meka Adediran »

when drafting my design, I tried using the slash and spread operation on curved lines but it didnt respond so I had to change them to straight lines
The cut operation didnt work on the curved lines either.
Is there something im doing wrong?
TiesOli
Site Admin

Re: Cutting, slash and spreading curves

Post by TiesOli »

Oh, would be great, if you would post a little snapshot of what you are trying to do, just so it's a bit easier for us to understand correctly.
Slash & Spread or Pivot will only cut by lines right now, though you can convert those cut lines afterwards into curves, of course.

And this just made us realize how good it would be to convert multiple lines/curves at once. This will go into the next update for sure! :tu:

Again, sometimes it can be a bit unclear what the problem may be without us seeing what the situation is. All these things will get much easier, once we have made all the tutorials, of course, and we hurry to get them done. In the meantime, let me try to show you briefly how it is meant to work:

Slash & Spread (simple, pleat and box pleat)
slashNspread2.gif
slashNspread2.gif (173.58 KiB) Viewed 7390 times

Cut
cut.gif
cut.gif (219.23 KiB) Viewed 7390 times
TiesOli
Site Admin

Post by TiesOli »

If you wanted to slice a piece by curves directly, you can also just extract slices you have prepared with curves...
ExtractSelectAndMove.gif
ExtractSelectAndMove.gif (512.99 KiB) Viewed 7389 times
Here you can also see how to select patternpieces with a double click and then move them. Ironically in this example I was moving the pieces numerically. :roll:
Meka Adediran

Post by Meka Adediran »

Great thanks.
These pretty much answers my questions.
Thank a lot.
Meka Adediran

Post by Meka Adediran »

White Rabbit CAD v1.0.140   C__Users_mekad_OneDrive_Documents_White Rabbit CAD_test 4.hop_ 02_10_2020 2_09_51 PM.png
White Rabbit CAD v1.0.140 C__Users_mekad_OneDrive_Documents_White Rabbit CAD_test 4.hop_ 02_10_2020 2_09_51 PM.png (136.13 KiB) Viewed 7385 times
I just realized that I meant Pivot not slash and spread. but I think I have figured out a crude way of doing it ( for now) :D
TiesOli
Site Admin

Post by TiesOli »

Excellent, Meka! :tu:
You have just inspired us to add conversion of multi-selections from line to curve and backwards. This makes it very easy to use Slash&Pivot or spread with lines and then convert them all to bezier.
I may post a neat little trick later, which shows a nice way to adjust multiple bezier curves equally. 8-)

It's quite wonderful, I must say. Even while it's just such a tiny group here on the forum, you are all immediately so inspiring. Just great! :hug: