What happened to Notches?

Any questions regarding features, parameters or anything you wish to know, here's the easiest place for us to find and answer them. Don't hold back, we're here to help! :bl:
Forum rules
Technical matters can be very dry and may require plenty of details at times. Try to describe your situation and don't get scared, when we ask about your operating system or hardware. All will be well! :geek:
AthenessaDesigns

What happened to Notches?

Post by AthenessaDesigns »

Downloaded Version 1.4.3 and i love the new import image abilities thank you!

But as I was looking to finish off a pattern, it seems that the notches tab is no longer in the list of finishing tabs. I do hope they haven't been pulled, as I use them often.
Follow Me into Worlds of Imagination

Ashley aka The Mystic Seamstress
Athenessa Designs LLC
AthenessaDesigns

Re: What happened to Notches?

Post by AthenessaDesigns »

Oh wait...nevermind. I saw they were moved to the drawing tab to the bottom. I honestly looked right past them when i was drawing out the pattern.
Follow Me into Worlds of Imagination

Ashley aka The Mystic Seamstress
Athenessa Designs LLC
TiesOli
Site Admin

Re: What happened to Notches?

Post by TiesOli »

Woops. :ud:
We've even added some mini tutorial videos about the new notches. You should definitely check those out! 8-)

Notches now have some proper powers, besides the added adjustment features when you're in Select. You can now switch how they relate to the element they're on. Whether their placement is measured from the start of the element or the end or by some percentage along it. It will instantly recalculate their values, too, and you're able to adjust the value any time.

From having been a "goodie" for finishing they have evolved into full-on tools and sit proudly in the drawing tab! :ugeek:

At some point we will make some decent introduction videos for our updates, too. We're really terrible about these things, while we're overly excited about all the additions. It's really sort of strange with us sometimes. :roll:

Anyway, I'm happy you've found our shiny new notches and let us know if anything else seems strange now and I'll jump right on here to clear things up! :bl: