Huzzah and Well Met

Here we may get to know each other and share our ideas and impressions
AthenessaDesigns

Huzzah and Well Met

Post by AthenessaDesigns »

My name is Ashley and I am the founder of Athenessa Designs. I am a Boston-based freelance designer, primarily focused on costuming in the Boston theatre scene (until the pandemic).
I have been sewing since I was 11 years old, creating costuming since I was 16 and sewing for private clients for the last 10 years.

I briefly studied fashion design at Framingham State University, though I am mainly self taught. I love working on film and theatre. When I am not working theatre, I am usually at Historical Re-enactments, Renaissance Faires or Live-action roleplaying games (pre-covid) where I utilise my sewing and costuming skills.

I am so excited to use this software, as I love pattern drafting, but I currently lack the space to do it properly. I had to close up my studio, so my studio space is currently my kitchen table and part of a hall into my living room. I want to eventually launch my own line (clothes or patterns products line i am not sure yet) and feel with White Rabbit CAD I can finally, finally make that a reality.

Currently, I am working as a freelance contractor for a ballistics clothing company that makes bulletproof clothing, so I feel this will also help me in my work there. I've already enjoyed playing with the software and drafting my first basic skirt block. Cannot wait to do more!
Follow Me into Worlds of Imagination

Ashley aka The Mystic Seamstress
Athenessa Designs LLC
TiesOli
Site Admin

Re: Huzzah and Well Met

Post by TiesOli »

Oh, wow, Ashley, that all sounds not only fantastic, but also incredibly fun! We can't wait to see what you'll do with Rabbit ( :br: somehow we got that nickname recently), but above all we are thrilled to know that our software lands in your hands. It is really a labor of love (and sweat and tears) to us and I do believe, it belongs in the hands of truly passionate creatives such as you. Just wonderful! :hyper:

We used to love renaissance fairs, too, some 25 years back in Germany. They would hold them in old castles, authentic markets, almost everyone in costumes and the dialects, awww, this brings back such great memories. :hug:

Any question or wishes you ever have, don't hold back, we're always here for you and hopefully, when the time comes, you'll enjoy showing some of what you'll have created here, too.

Welcome aboard! :beer: