Basic Tutorials: EXTRACT

Here you will find exclusive tutorials we post only for you!
Your wishes for particular tutorials are always welcome.
TiesOli
Site Admin

Basic Tutorials: EXTRACT

Post by TiesOli »

EXTRACT BASICS

EXTRACT PATTERNPIECE WITH MARKINGS
CecileA

Re: Basic Tutorials: EXTRACT

Post by CecileA »

there is no sound ?
why do you use the "lock table" button ?
thanks
cecile
TiesOli
Site Admin

Post by TiesOli »

Hi Cecile, and welcome to the forum! :beer:

These little videos deliberately don't have sound to make it more pleasant to just run them at any time. They will become part of the software in an upcoming version.

Why "lock table"? Great question, thank you!
Only the "Pattern" tab requires the "Patternpiece Table", which is why it normally automatically closes, if you go to any other tab like "Drawing" or "Finishing". Once you know you will want to work on patternpieces for a while, locking the table can make it more comfortable. With the table open, you can always use its little patternpiece explorer to select and modify patternpieces among other things. This will make more sense the more you will work with it. However, especially during demonstrations it becomes easier to follow, with the table being locked rather than opening and closing when switching tabs.

Soon we will release in-depth tutorials with narration.
MelanieH

Post by MelanieH »

Hi all
I'm having trouble extracting a shape. I am on a laptop and not using a mouse. It is a single bodice shape with a waist dart, as a single pattern piece. No markings. Does extract only take out a part from the whole? If so, i am not getting that to work either. What might be something obvious that I am not doing. I am frustrated because i really want this to work for me.
eta:
I went back into the files and read notes and co cleaned up the lines and made clean connections. Still no glory
thanks
Screenshot 2023-07-27 124426.png
Screenshot 2023-07-27 124426.png (199.43 KiB) Viewed 26768 times
TiesOli
Site Admin

Post by TiesOli »

It's hard to see why this might've troubles to extract? If you wanted to, just send us the project file via email and I'll have a closer look!