This tutorial shows you the various ways by which to set colors for elements and patternpieces. The patternpiece table we click through in this tutorial is only for your orientation. You do not need to select a patternpiece that way first!
Fundamentally, if you select an element in the drawing area and then pick a color, this element will receive that color.
The only exception is the "Set Color" in the patternpiece's context menu (right click on the patternpiece thumbnail in the pattern explorer).
In the video:
- Patternpiece context menu - "Set Color" will automatically choose a transparent version of your active color.
- Select a polygon of a patternpiece with a single click and pick a color to absolutely set the polygon's color.
- Double click on a polygon to select all elements of a patternpiece. Pick a color and all selected elements will get it, except the polygon.
- Patternpiece context menu "Select Seams" will only select its seams. Picking a color will then set the seam colors.
- Patternpiece context menu "Select Markings" will only select its markings. Picking a color will then set the marking colors.
- Select any element (line, bezier curve, arc, circle, text), then pick a color for it...